Aid & Attendance Benefits for Veterans
The Veteran Assistance Program allows eligible veterans to receive care immediately BEFORE the VA approves their application with NO out-of-pocket cost, which can take up to a year. Colonial Home Care is the only agency that provides this unique benefit in Virginia.
- The benefit of over 16 years' experience to help you accurately submit your application to the VA
- Our expertise in obtaining military and other records required by the VA
- Begin home care immediately for FREE (no cost to you whatsoever at any time)
- Continuing client services both before and after VA entitlement
- Due diligence in monitoring home care expenses to keep you in VA compliance
- Access to on-staff VA-Accredited Attorney
- Continuity of care to help you remain in your home
- Served minimum 90 days of active duty, one day during wartime, with Honorable Discharge
- Medical Condition - Confirmed by physician's diagnosis; not driving
- Financial Limitations - Income & Assets concerning Medical Expenses that demonstrate the need for the pension
VA-Recognized War Periods
|World War II||Dec 7, 1941||Dec 31, 1946||Must have served 90 days of active duty.|
|Korean Conflict||Jun 27, 1950||Jan 31, 1955||Must have served 90 days of active duty.|
|Vietnam Era||Aug 5, 1964||May 7, 1975||Feb 28, 1961, for veterans who served "in-country" (Viet Nam) before Aug 5, 1964.|
|Persian Gulf War||Aug 2, 1990||TBD||End date to be set by the law or Presidential Proclamation. Must have served active duty for two years.|
Maximum Pension Amounts (2015)
|Surviving Spouse of Veteran||$1,209||$14,508|
Two Married Veterans
Documents Needed to Submit a Claim to the VA
|DD-214 Military Discharge||Needs to be a certified copy|
|Social Security Award Letter||Must be a current|
|Bank Statements||Three months minimum|
|Copy of Voided Check||So VA can arrange direct deposit of monthly payment|
|Marriage Certificate||Required for a married veteran or surviving spouse|
|Death Certificate||Must include veteran's cause of death|
OVER 16 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE MEANS PEACE OF MIND FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONE. AT NO COST TO YOU!
We have our office in Chantilly, Virginia, but we have satisfied customers from Arlington, Rappahannock, Prince William, and other Northern Virginia cities.
—Client's Family in Fairfax
We are so pleased with the nurturing care my mother received.